I feel like I’ve really done well today despite waking with a resentful and agitated heart and I want to make note of it so here’s a list of the things I have accomplished today on top of the day-to-day undertakings of looking after a toddler i.e- feeding, entertaining, bathing etc..
- Mowed the lawn. Including adjusting the blade on the mower to cut the grass shorter.
- Returned an email. Yes, just one single solitary email but it counts.
- Completed 2 pages of worksheets on Step One, given to me by my sponsor.
- Answered a phone call from a woman from AA and had a conversation with her- (as opposed to ignoring phone and anxiously looking at the voicemail notification all day.)
- Wrote a blog entry.
- Took Fable to the park.
- Went for a run.
- 8,446 steps by 6.45pm.
- Read a few chapters of The Psychopath Whisperer.
- Watched the new episode of Veep. NOTHING makes me laugh harder than that show. WATCH IT.
- Wrote another blog entry.
So that’s it folks. That’s what I’ve done so far today. When I think back to some of my worst, most depressive days this would have more than I could have got done in a month.